Allergan's Guidelines for IIT Support
Allergan's online investigator-initiated trials portal allows qualifying US-based external investigators
to submit proposals to Allergan for support to conduct clinical and non-clinical investigator-initiated research.
All proposals must be submitted by a qualifying US-based external investigator in good standing. Allergan employees cannot submit a proposal.
Allergan will consider proposals for clinical and non-clinical investigator-initiated research utilizing the following products:
- Linzess™ (linaclotide)
- Saphris™ (asenapine)
- Teflaro™ (ceftaroline fosamil)
- Viibryd™ (vilazodone HCl)
Allergan considers many factors when evaluating a proposal for support for an investigator-initiated
trial. As general guidance, the proposed research must:
- Promote excellence in healthcare
- Advance science and improve patient care via high-quality research
- Be conducted in strict compliance with all local and regulatory requirements
- Meet government and industry standard guidelines for support
- Include registration of applicable clinical trials and results on the FDA's website,
All proposals are reviewed for compliance with legal, ethical and professional requirements, as well as for fair market value.
For all IITs, Allergan requires submission of study results in a format suitable for publication.
Allergan reserves the right to audit records relating to the investigator-initiated trial. Upon
request, the investigator should be prepared to provide independent documentation for expenditures.
Please note that submission of a proposal does not guarantee funding. Once Allergan receives
the complete proposal and supporting documentation, it will be reviewed in accordance with Allergan
policy. The investigator will be notified in writing of the outcome.
Allergan will accept proposals for IIT support from qualifying US-based external investigators in good
standing who are affiliated with hospitals, academic institutions, research centers and group practices.
Allergan will not consider requests for the following:
- Funding to individuals
- Proposals tied to prescribing, purchasing, formulary status, reimbursement or any quid pro quo arrangement
- Infrastructure development
- Requests that are deemed in excess of fair market value
- Proposals that are not aligned with currently supported Allergan products
- Purchase of capital equipment