Allergan's Guidelines for Alliance Organization Support
Allergan's online alliance support system allows qualifying organizations to submit funding
request applications to Allergan for awareness & advocacy, sponsorships, and corporate support.
All requests must be submitted by an authorized individual on behalf of the requesting
organization. Allergan employees cannot submit an application for funding
even if done on behalf of a qualified organization.
Announcement: FRXIS Online System Closing in Preparation for Transition to a New Platform - Deadline for FRXIS Submission is December 2, 2016 : www.frxis.com
||FRXIS Online Management System
||The Strategic Alliance Advocacy team will be closing the FRXIS online portal in preparation for the transition to our new online management platform that will be rolled out in February 2017.
||What you need to know
||In preparation for the transition, non-profit organization funding requests will only be accepted through December 2, 2016 for consideration for 2016 funding. After this date, FRXIS will be unable to accept any NEW funding applications.
||To prepare for the closing , there are several key dates to take note of:
|Friday, Dec. 2, 2016
||LAST DAY - for requestor to build a new profile and/or submit a funding request to FRXIS.
|Friday, Dec. 12, 2016
||LAST DAY - to access the FRXIS system to query the status of any funding request submitted prior to December 2, 2016 or complete a funding reconciliation still in the system.
|Early February, 2017
||New system details for 2017 funding consideration will be posted at: www.allergan.com/responsibility
||Remember, the deadline for funding submissions is Friday, December 2, 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact: AllianceAdvocacy@Allergan.com
Thank you for your patience during this process.
Strategic Alliance Advocacy Team
Allergan considers many factors when evaluating a request for program funding. As
general guidance, the program must:
- Promote excellence in healthcare
- Meet industry standard guidelines for support (click on a specific Area of Support
at left for more information)
Requests must be submitted greater than sixty (60) days prior to the start date of the program
or event (if applicable). The system will not allow submission of requests within the 60-day time frame.
Allergan will not support events that have already taken place at the time of submission.
Please click on the links under
Areas of Support
at left for additional information on the types
of requests Allergan will review.
Organizations related to Allergan's current therapeutic areas and FDA approved indications may apply for consideration of support under
Awareness and Advocacy or Sponsorship. Organizations whose focus is unrelated
to Allergan's current therapeutic areas may only apply for support under Corporate Support
All program or event requests are reviewed for merit, audience scope, compliance
with legal, regulatory, ethical and professional requirements, as well as fiscal responsibility.
Allergan reserves the right to audit the records of the organization relating to the program following the program date.
Upon request, the organization should be prepared to provide independent documentation for expenditures.
Please note that submission of an application does not guarantee funding. Once Allergan
receives the complete application, it will be reviewed in accordance with Allergan
policy. The organization will be notified in writing of the outcome.
Allergan will accept applications for support from the following eligible organizations:
- Non-profit healthcare organizations who are 501(c)3, 501(c)4, or 501(c)6
Allergan will not consider requests for the following:
- Funding to individuals or private practices
- Requests tied to prescribing, purchasing, formulary status, reimbursement or any
quid pro quo arrangement
- Travel and/or lodging expenses for event/program attendees
- Operating expenses and overhead costs not associated with a specific event or program
(e.g., salaries, benefits)
- Infrastructure development
- Events that have already taken place at the time of submission
- Requests received less than sixty days prior to the program or event start date
- Requests that include entertainment and/or recreation (e.g. sporting events, theater,
spa, golf, resort activities)
- Requests that are deemed lavish or include non-modest venues
- Requests that are deemed in excess of fair market value
- Requests that include "inappropriate" attendees (such as spouses or guests)
- Requests that are not primarily focused on or conducive to the educational exchange
- Initiatives that are not aligned with Allergan's public health goals and educational objectives
- Requests for scholarships or fellowships
- Allergan cannot review requests that contain faculty/speaker/course director names
The following are NOT currently processed through FRXIS:
- Commercial fee-for-service requests (such as exhibit and display fees)
Contact Marketing department or your local representative for promotional opportunities
- Investigator Initiated Trials
Contact your local Therapeutic Specialist for research grants
Furthermore, please note that each request type - Awareness & Advocacy, Sponsorship and Corporate Support - is distinct.
The system will not allow, and Allergan cannot review, funding requests that seek to combine multiple request types within a single submission (e.g Awareness & Advocacy with Sponsorship, etc). Please submit for each request type individually.